11:1 纳阿玛人左法尔发言说:
And Zophar the Naamathite spoke out and said:
11:2 难道喋喋不休,就不需要答复﹖难道多嘴多舌的人,就自然有理﹖
Should not the man of many words be answered, or must the garrulous man necessarily be right?
11:3 你的空谈,岂能叫人缄默﹖你如此谩骂,难道无人使你羞愧﹖
Shall your babblings keep men silent, and shall you deride and no one give rebuke?
11:4 你说过:「我的品行是纯洁的,我在你眼中是清白的。」
Shall you say: "My teaching is pure, and I am clean in your sight"?
11:5 但愿天主讲话,开口答复你!
But oh, that God would speak, and open his lips against you,
11:6 将智慧的秘密,——即那难以理解的事——启示给你,那么你便知道,天主向你算罪债。
And tell you that the secrets of wisdom are twice as effective: So you might learn that God will make you answer for your guilt.
11:7 你岂能探究天主的奥秘,或洞悉全能者的完美﹖
Can you penetrate the designs of God? Dare you vie with the perfection of the Almighty?
11:8 完美高于诸天,你能作什么﹖深于阴府,你能知道什么﹖
It is higher than the heavens; what can you do? It is deeper than the nether world; what can you know?
11:9 其量长过大地,阔于海洋。
It is longer than the earth in measure, and broader than the sea.
11:10 天主若经过,谁能扣留他﹖他若下了逮捕令,谁能阻挡他﹖
If he seize and imprison or call to judgment, who then can say him nay?
11:11 他洞悉人的虚伪,明察人的罪行,且无不注意。
For he knows the worthlessness of men and sees iniquity; will he then ignore it?
11:12 如此,愚蠢者才可获得智慧,野性驴驹才能变为驯良。
Will empty man then gain understanding, and the wild jackass be made docile?
11:13 你若居心正直,向他伸开你的双手;
If you set your heart aright and stretch out your hands toward him,
11:14 你若将手中的罪恶除掉,不容不义留在你的帐幕内;
If you remove all iniquity from your conduct, and let not injustice dwell in your tent,
11:15 那么你定能仰首无愧,一定站立稳定,一无所惧;
Surely then you may lift up your face in innocence; you may stand firm and unafraid.
11:16 你必能忘却痛苦,纵然想起,也必似水流去;
For then you shall forget your misery, or recall it like waters that have ebbed away.
11:17 你的寿命如日中之光华,纵有阴暗也,必仍如晨曦。
Then your life shall be brighter than the noonday; its gloom shall become as the morning,
11:18 因有希望,你才感觉安全;因有保护,你才坦然躺卧;
And you shall be secure, because there is hope; you shall look round you and lie down in safety,
11:19 你躺卧,无人敢来扰乱你,反而有多人来奉承你。
and you shall take your rest with none to disturb. Many shall entreat your favor,
11:20 然而恶人的双眼必要憔悴,他们安身之所全必毁坏,他们的希望只在吐出最后一口气。
but the wicked, looking on, shall be consumed with envy. Escape shall be cut off from them, they shall wait to expire.
旧约:
新约: