19:1 约伯回答说:
Then Job answered and said:
19:2 你们叫我的心悲伤,说话苦恼我,要到何时﹖
How long will you vex my soul, grind me down with words?
19:3 你们侮辱我,已有十次之多,苛待我却不知羞愧。
These ten times you have reviled me, have assailed me without shame!
19:4 我若实在错了,错自由我承当。
Be it indeed that I am at fault and that my fault remains with me,
19:5 如果你们真要对我自夸,证明我的丑恶,
Even so, if you would vaunt yourselves against me and cast up to me any reproach,
19:6 你们应当知道:是天主虐待了我,是他用自己的罗网围困了我。
Know then that God has dealt unfairly with me, and compassed me round with his net.
19:7 我若高呼说:「残暴,」但得不到答复;我大声呼冤,却没有正义。
If I cry out "Injustice!" I am not heard. I cry for help, but there is no redress.
19:8 他拦住我的去路,使我不得过去,使黑暗笼罩着我的路途。
He has barred my way and I cannot pass; he has veiled my path in darkness;
19:9 他夺去了我的光荣,摘下了我头上的冠冕;
He has stripped me of my glory, and taken the diadem from my brow.
19:10 他四面打击我,使我逝去;拔除我的希望,犹如拔树。
He breaks me down on every side, and I am gone; my hope he has uprooted like a tree.
19:11 他对我怒火如焚,拿我当作他的仇敌。
His wrath he has kindled against me; he counts me among his enemies.
19:12 他的军队一齐开来,修好道路攻击我,围着我的帐幕扎营。
His troops advance as one man; they build up their road to attack me, and they encamp around my tent.
19:13 他使我的弟兄离弃我,使我的知己疏远我。
My brethren have withdrawn from me, and my friends are wholly estranged.
19:14 邻人和相识者都不见了,寄居我家的人都忘了我。
My kinsfolk and companions neglect me, and my guests have forgotten me.
19:15 我的婢女拿我当作外人,视我如同陌生人。
Even my handmaids treat me as a stranger; I am an alien in their sight.
19:16 我呼唤仆人,他不回答;我必须亲口央求他。
I call my servant, but he gives no answer, though in my speech I plead with him.
19:17 我的气味使妻子憎厌我,我的儿女视我作臭物。
My breath is abhorred by my wife; I am loathsome to the men of my family.
19:18 连孩子们也轻慢我,我一起来,他们就凌辱我。
The young children, too, despise me; when I appear, they speak against me.
19:19 我的知交密友都憎恶我,我所爱的人也变脸反对我。
All my intimate friends hold me in horror; those whom I loved have turned against me!
19:20 我的骨头紧贴着皮,我很侥幸还保留牙床。
My bones cleave to my skin, and I have escaped with my flesh between my teeth.
19:21 我的朋友,你们可怜可怜我!因为天主的手打伤了我。
Pity me, pity me, O you my friends, for the hand of God has struck me!
19:22 你们为何如同天主一样逼迫我,吃了我的肉而还不知足呢﹖
Why do you hound me as though you were divine, and insatiably prey upon me?
19:23 惟愿我的话都记录下来,都刻在铜板上;
Oh, would that my words were written down! Would that they were inscribed in a record:
19:24 用铁凿刻在铅版上,永远凿在盘石上。
That with an iron chisel and with lead they were cut in the rock forever!
19:25 我确实知道为我伸冤者还活着,我的辩护人要在地上起立。
But as for me, I know that my Vindicator lives, and that he will at last stand forth upon the dust;
19:26 我的皮肤虽由我身上脱落,但我仍要看见天主;
Whom I myself shall see: my own eyes, not another’s, shall behold him,
19:27 要看见他站在我这一方,我亲眼要看见他,并非他人;我的五内在我内好不憔悴。
And from my flesh I shall see God; my inmost being is consumed with longing.
19:28 如果你们说:「我们怎能难为他﹖怎能在他身上寻到这事的根由﹖」
But you who say, "How shall we persecute him, seeing that the root of the matter is found in him?"
19:29 你们应当害怕刀剑,因为报复罪恶的是刀剑;如此你们终于知道有一个审判者。
Be afraid of the sword for yourselves, for these crimes deserve the sword; that you may know that there is a judgment.
旧约:
新约: