2:1 我儿,你若接受我的话,把我的诫命存在心中,
My son, if you receive my words and treasure my commands,
2:2 侧耳细听智慧,专心寻求睿智;
Turning your ear to wisdom, inclining your heart to understanding;
2:3 你若呼求明哲,扬声召寻睿智;
Yes, if you call to intelligence, and to understanding raise your voice;
2:4 你若寻求她如寻求银子,搜索她如搜索宝藏,
If you seek her like silver, and like hidden treasures search her out:
2:5 你必能领悟什么是敬畏上主,也能明白什么是认识天主。
Then will you understand the fear of the LORD; the knowledge of God you will find;
2:6 因为,恩赐智慧的是上主,知识和睿智都出自他的口。
For the LORD gives wisdom, from his mouth come knowledge and understanding;
2:7 他给正直人保留了救援,又是行止成全者的护盾。
He has counsel in store for the upright, he is the shield of those who walk honestly,
2:8 他护守正直人的行径,他保卫虔诚者的道路;
Guarding the paths of justice, protecting the way of his pious ones.
2:9 这样,你必能明了仁义和公平,明了正直和一切向善的道路。
Then you will understand rectitude and justice, honesty, every good path;
2:10 如果智慧进入了你的心,智识成了你的喜乐,
For wisdom will enter your heart, knowledge will please your soul,
2:11 慎思就必监护你,睿智也必防守你,
Discretion will watch over you, understanding will guard you;
2:12 使你远离邪道,远离言词荒谬的人:
Saving you from the way of evil men, from men of perverse speech,
2:13 即那些离弃正道,走上黑暗之途,
Who leave the straight paths to walk in the way of darkness,
2:14 喜爱行恶,在邪恶中喜乐的人。
Who delight in doing evil, rejoice in perversity;
2:15 他们的道路弯曲不直,他们的行径邪辟不正。
Whose ways are crooked, and devious their paths;
2:16 智慧将救你脱离淫妇,脱离甘言蜜语的娼妓。
Saving you from the wife of another, from the adulteress with her smooth words,
2:17 她离弃了少年时的良友,忘记了她的天主的盟约;
Who forsakes the companion of her youth and forgets the pact with her God;
2:18 为此,她的家属趋向死亡,她的行径通往黄泉;
For her path sinks down to death, and her footsteps lead to the shades;
2:19 凡行近她的人,没有一个返回,再不会走上生路。
None who enter thereon come back again, or gain the paths of life.
2:20 为此,你应走善人的道路,持守义人的行径,
Thus you may walk in the way of good men, and keep to the paths of the just.
2:21 因为只有正直的人才能住在地上,只有成全的人方得在那里居留。
For the upright will dwell in the land, the honest will remain in it;
2:22 但是,作恶的人必由地上铲除,违法的人必由其中拔除。
But the wicked will be cut off from the land, the faithless will be rooted out of it.
旧约:
新约: