22:1 特曼人厄里法次接着说:
Then Eliphaz the Temanite answered and said:
22:2 人于天主能有什么益处﹖明智人只能于一己有益。
Can a man be profitable to God? Though to himself a wise man be profitable!
22:3 纵然你公正,对全能者能有什么好处﹖纵然你品行齐全,对天主有什么利益﹖
Is it of advantage to the Almighty if you are just? Or is it a gain to him if you make your ways perfect?
22:4 他岂能因你敬畏而责斥你,拉你来听审﹖
Is it because of your piety that he reproves you ? that he enters with you into judgment?
22:5 岂不是因为你罪恶多端,罪过无穷﹖
Is not your wickedness manifold? Are not your iniquities endless?
22:6 因为你无理地强取了你兄弟的抵押,剥去了人的衣服,使之赤裸;
You have unjustly kept your kinsmen’s goods in pawn, left them stripped naked of their clothing.
22:7 口渴的人,你没有给他水喝;饥饿的人,你没有给他饭吃;
To the thirsty you have given no water to drink, and from the hungry you have withheld bread;
22:8 让强有力的人占有土地,让尊贵体面的人住在其中;
As if the land belonged to the man of might, and only the privileged were to dwell in it.
22:9 却使寡妇空手而归,折断孤儿的手臂;
You have sent widows away empty-handed, and the resources of orphans you have destroyed.
22:10 因此罗网要四面围困你,恐吓突降,使你惊惶。
Therefore snares are round about you, and a sudden terror causes you dismay,
22:11 光明变成黑暗,使你毫无所见;洪水漫漫,将你淹没。
Or darkness, in which you cannot see; a deluge of waters covers you.
22:12 天主岂不是居于高天﹖看,最高的星辰何其高远﹖
Does not God, in the heights of the heavens, behold the stars, high though they are?
22:13 你曾说过:「天主知道什么﹖他岂能透过黑云施行审判﹖
Yet you say, "What does God know? Can he judge through the thick darkness?
22:14 云彩遮蔽着他,使他看不到什么,而他只在天边周围游行。」
Clouds hide him so that he cannot see; he walks upon the vault of the heavens!"
22:15 你岂要固守恶人所蹈的故辙﹖
Do you indeed keep to the ancient way trodden by worthless men,
22:16 尚未到时,他们已被攫去,大水冲去了他们的基础。
Who were snatched away before their time; whose foundations a flood swept away?
22:17 他们曾向天主说:「离开我们!全能者能为我们作什么﹖」
These men said to God, "Depart from us!" and, "What can the Almighty do to us?"
22:18 他原来是以福利充满了他们的家,可是恶人的思想离他很远。
(Yet he had filled their houses with good things! But far be from me the mind of the impious!)
22:19 义人见了就欢乐,无罪者也讥笑他们说:「
The just look on and are gladdened, and the innocent deride them:
22:20 的确,他们的财富已被消灭,他们所剩余的皆被火焚毁。」
"Truly these have been destroyed where they stood, and such as were left, fire has consumed!"
22:21 请你与他亲善和好,藉此你的幸福必得恢复。
Come to terms with him to be at peace. In this shall good come to you:
22:22 请你领受他口中的教训,将他的话存在心中。
Receive instruction from his mouth, and lay up his words in your heart.
22:23 如果你归向全能者,你必兴起;你若使邪恶离开你的帐幕,
If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored; if you put iniquity far from your tent,
22:24 视金子如尘埃,视敖非尔金如溪石,
And treat raw gold like dust, and the fine gold of Ophir as pebbles from the brook,
22:25 全能者必作为你的金锭,作为你的银堆。
Then the Almighty himself shall be your gold and your sparkling silver.
22:26 那时你必以全能者为喜乐,你将仰望天主的慈颜。
For then you shall delight in the Almighty and you shall lift up your face toward God.
22:27 那时你祈求他,他必应允你;你可向他还你的誓愿。
You shall entreat him and he will hear you, and your vows you shall fulfill.
22:28 你决定的事,事必成就;光明要照耀你的道路,
When you make a decision, it shall succeed for you, and upon your ways the light shall shine.
22:29 因为他压伏骄傲的人,拯救低首下心的人。
For he brings down the pride of the haughty, but the man of humble mien he saves.
22:30 他必解救无罪的人;你若手中清廉,你必获救。
God delivers him who is innocent; you shall be delivered through cleanness of hands.
旧约:
新约: