29:1 约伯继续他的言论说:
Job took up his theme anew and said;
29:2 谁能赐我似以往的岁月,象以往天主护守我的时日﹖
Oh, that I were as in the months past! as in the days when God watched over me,
29:3 那时他的灯,光照在我头上,藉他的光明,我走过黑暗。
While he kept his lamp shining above my head, and by his light I walked through darkness;
29:4 惟愿我如壮年时日,那时天主护佑我的帐幕;
As I was in my flourishing days, when God sheltered my tent;
29:5 全能者与我相偕,我的子女环绕着我;
When the Almighty was yet with me, and my children were round about me;
29:6 那时我以奶油洗脚,崖石流油成河。
When my footsteps were bathed in milk, and the rock flowed with streams of oil;
29:7 当我走出城门,在市井设我座位之时,
When I went forth to the gate of the city and set up my seat in the square-
29:8 少年人看见我都回避,老年人都起身站立;
Then the young men saw me and withdrew, while the elders rose up and stood;
29:9 王侯停止讲话,用手堵住自己的口;
The chief men refrained from speaking and covered their mouths with their hands;
29:10 首领不敢出声,舌头紧贴上颚。
The voice of the princes was silenced, and their tongues stuck to the roofs of their mouths.
29:11 倾耳听我的,都称赞我;定眼看我的,都给我作证。
For me they listened and waited; they were silent for my counsel.
29:12 因为我援助了呼救的穷人,和无依无靠的孤儿。
Once I spoke, they said no more, but received my pronouncement drop by drop.
29:13 那受丧亡之痛的人称谢我,我使寡妇的心欢乐。
They waited for me as for the rain; they drank in my words like the spring rains.
29:14 我披上正义,正义就衣饰我;我的公正,犹如我的长袍和冠冕。
When I smiled on them they were reassured;
29:15 我作了盲人的眼,跛者的脚。
mourners took comfort from my cheerful glance. I chose out their way and presided; I took a king’s place in the armed forces.
29:16 我成了穷人之父,我调查过素不相识者的案件。
Whoever heard of me blessed me; those who saw me commended me.
29:17 我打碎恶人的燎牙,由他牙齿间拔夺他的猎物。
For I rescued the poor who cried out for help, the orphans, and the unassisted;
29:18 我心想:我必寿终正寝,我的寿数必如尘沙。
The blessing of those in extremity came upon me, and the heart of the widow I made joyful.
29:19 我的根蔓延到水边,夜间甘露落在我的枝叶上。
I wore my honesty like a garment; justice was my robe and my turban.
29:20 我的荣耀不断更新,我的弓在手中日新月异。
I was eyes to the blind, and feet to the lame was I;
29:21 听我讲话的人,屏息等待,静听我的指教。
I was a father to the needy; the rights of the stranger I studied,
29:22 我讲话之后,无人再敢讲话,我的话象水珠滴落在他们身上。
And I broke the jaws of the wicked man; from his teeth I forced the prey.
29:23 他们期待我如望甘霖,张着大口如渴盼晚雨。
Then I said: "In my own nest I shall grow old; I shall multiply years like the phoenix.
29:24 我向他们微笑,他们不敢相信;我和善的面容,他们必不放过。
My root is spread out to the waters; the dew rests by night on my branches.
29:25 我为他们选择了道路,身居前导,如立在军中的君王;我引领他们到那里,他们就让我引导。
My glory is fresh within me, and my bow is renewed in my hand!"
旧约:
新约: