3:1 我儿,不要忘了我的法律,该诚心恪守我的诫命,
My son, forget not my teaching, keep in mind my commands;
3:2 因为这样能使你延年益寿,也能增加你的康宁。
For many days, and years of life, and peace, will they bring you.
3:3 不要让慈祥和忠实离弃你,要将她们系在你的颈上,刻在你的心版上;
Let not kindness and fidelity leave you; bind them around your neck;
3:4 这样,你在天主和世人面前,必获得宠幸和恩爱。
Then will you win favor and good esteem before God and man.
3:5 你应全心信赖上主,总不要依赖自己的聪明;
Trust in the LORD with all your heart, on your own intelligence rely not;
3:6 应步步体会上主,他必修平你的行径。
In all your ways be mindful of him, and he will make straight your paths.
3:7 不要自作聪明,应敬畏上主,远避邪恶;
Be not wise in your own eyes, fear the LORD and turn away from evil;
3:8 如此,你的身体必会康健,你的骨骼也会舒适。
This will mean health for your flesh and vigor for your bones.
3:9 应以你的财物和一切初熟之物,去尊崇上主;
Honor the LORD with your wealth, with first fruits of all your produce;
3:10 这样,你的仓廪必充满粮食,你的榨酒池必盈溢新酒。
Then will your barns be filled with grain, with new wine your vats will overflow.
3:11 我儿,不要轻视上主的惩戒,也不要厌恶他的谴责,
The discipline of the LORD, my son, disdain not; spurn not his reproof;
3:12 因为上主谴责他所爱的,有如父亲谴责他的爱子。
For whom the LORD loves he reproves, and he chastises the son he favors.
3:13 寻得智慧和获取睿智的人是有福的,
Happy the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding!
3:14 因为赚得智慧胜于赚得银钱;智慧的果实胜于纯金。
For her profit is better than profit in silver, and better than gold is her revenue;
3:15 智慧比珍珠还要宝贵;凡你所贪求的,都不足以与她伦比。
She is more precious than corals, and none of your choice possessions can compare with her.
3:16 在她右边是延年益寿,在她左边是富贵荣华。
Long life is in her right hand, in her left are riches and honor;
3:17 她的道路是康乐之道,她的行径是一片安宁。
Her ways are pleasant ways, and all her paths are peace;
3:18 她为掌握她的人,是一株生命树;凡坚持她的,必将纳福。
She is a tree of life to those who grasp her, and he is happy who holds her fast.
3:19 上主以智慧奠定了大地,以睿智坚定了高天;
The LORD by wisdom founded the earth, established the heavens by understanding;
3:20 赖他的智识,深渊才裂口喷水,云彩才降下甘露。
By his knowledge the depths break open, and the clouds drop down dew.
3:21 我儿,你应保持明智和慎重,不要让她们离开你的视线:
My son, let not these slip out of your sight: keep advice and counsel in view;
3:22 二者应是你心灵的生命,是你颈项的华饰;
So will they be life to your soul, and an adornment for your neck.
3:23 这样,你走路必感安全,你的脚不致绊倒。
Then you may securely go your way; your foot will never stumble;
3:24 你若坐下,必无所恐惧;你若躺下,必睡得甘甜。
When you lie down, you need not be afraid, when you rest, your sleep will be sweet.
3:25 你决不怕骤然而来的恐怖,也不怕恶人突然而至的摧残,
Honor is the possession of wise men, but fools inherit shame.
3:26 因为上主将要护佑你,使你的脚远离陷阱。
Be not afraid of sudden terror, of the ruin of the wicked when it comes;
3:27 你若有能力作到,不要拒绝向有求于你的人行善;
For the LORD will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from the snare.
3:28 如果你能即刻作到,不要对你的近人说:「去!明天再来,我才给你。」
Refuse no one the good on which he has a claim when it is in your power to do it for him.
3:29 几时你的近人安心与你居住,你不应暗算他。
Say not to your neighbor, "Go, and come again, tomorrow I will give," when you can give at once.
3:30 若他人没有加害你,你不应与他无端争辩。
Plot no evil against your neighbor, against him who lives at peace with you.
3:31 不要羡慕强暴的人,更不要选择他的任何行径,
Quarrel not with a man without cause, with one who has done you no harm.
3:32 因为上主厌恶乖戾的人,挚爱正直的人。
Envy not the lawless man and choose none of his ways:
3:33 上主诅咒恶人的住宅,降福义人的寓所。
To the LORD the perverse man is an abomination, but with the upright is his friendship.
3:34 上主嘲弄好愚弄的人,却宠爱谦卑的人。
The curse of the LORD is on the house of the wicked, but the dwelling of the just he blesses;
3:35 智慧的人必承受尊荣,愚昧的人必蒙受羞辱。
When he is dealing with the arrogant, he is stern, but to the humble he shows kindness.
旧约:
新约: