33:1 约伯,请你且听我的话,侧耳静听我说的一切。
Therefore, O Job, hear my discourse, and hearken to all my words.
33:2 请看,我已开口,舌头已在口腔内发言。
Behold, now I open my mouth; my tongue and my voice form words.
33:3 我的的口要说出真知的话,我的唇舌要清楚说明。
I will state directly what is in my mind, my lips shall utter knowledge sincerely;
33:4 天主的神造了我,全能者的气息使我生活。
For the spirit of God has made me, the breath of the Almighty keeps me alive.
33:5 你如果能够,就回答我,请准备好,来对抗我。
If you are able, refute me; draw up your arguments and stand forth.
33:6 看,我与你在天主前都是一样,我也是用泥土造成的。
Behold I, like yourself, have been taken from the same clay by God.
33:7 所以我的威吓不会使你恐怖,我的手也不会重压在你身上。
Therefore no fear of me should dismay you, nor should my presence weigh heavily upon you.
33:8 你所说的,我已耳闻,听到了你所说的话:「
But you have said in my hearing, as I listened to the sound of your words:
33:9 我本纯洁无罪,清白无瑕。
"I am clean and without transgression; I am innocent; there is no guilt in me.
33:10 但天主却在我身上找错,视我为他的对头;
Yet he invents pretexts against me and reckons me as his enemy.
33:11 他把我的脚缚在木桩上,窥察我的一切行动。」
He puts my feet in the stocks; he watches all my ways!"
33:12 我答复你说:你这话说的不对,因为天主远超世人。
In this you are not just, let me tell you; for God is greater than man.
33:13 他既不答复你说的一切话,你为何还同他争辩﹖
Why, then, do you make complaint against him that he gives no account of his doings?
33:14 原来天主用一种方法向人讲话,人若不理会,他再用另一种方法:
For God does speak, perhaps once, or even twice, though one perceive it not.
33:15 天主有时借梦和夜间的异象,当人躺在床上沉睡的时候,
In a dream, in a vision of the night, (when deep sleep falls upon men) as they slumber in their beds,
33:16 开启人的听觉,用异象惊吓他,
It is then he opens the ears of men and as a warning to them, terrifies them;
33:17 使人脱离恶念,使人铲除骄傲,
By turning man from evil and keeping pride away from him,
33:18 阻拦他陷于阴府,救他的性命脱离沟壑。
He withholds his soul from the pit and his life from passing to the grave.
33:19 天主也有时惩罚人在床上受痛苦,使他的骨头不断地战栗,
Or a man is chastened on his bed by pain and unceasing suffering within his frame,
33:20 以致他讨厌食物,他的心厌恶美味。
So that to his appetite food becomes repulsive, and his senses reject the choicest nourishment.
33:21 他身上的肉已消逝不见,他深藏的骨头,已开始外露。
His flesh is wasted so that it cannot be seen, and his bones, once invisible, appear;
33:22 他的灵魂已临近墓穴,他的生命已接近死亡之所。
His soul draws near to the pit, his life to the place of the dead.
33:23 一千天使中,若有一个在他身傍,作他的代言人,提醒人应行的义务,
If then there be for him an angel, one out of a thousand, a mediator, To show him what is right for him and bring the man back to justice,
33:24 而怜悯他,为他转求说:「求你拯救他免陷于阴府,因为我已找到赎他性命的赎金。」
He will take pity on him and say, "Deliver him from going down to the pit; I have found him a ransom."
33:25 他的肉身比少年人的肉身必更健美,他必恢复他的青春岁月。
Then his flesh shall become soft as a boy’s; he shall be again as in the days of his youth.
33:26 他祈求天主,必获得悦纳。他必欢然得见天主的仪容,天主也必恢复此人的正义。
He shall pray and God will favor him; he shall see God’s face with rejoicing.
33:27 那时,他将在人前重述所经历的事说:「我犯了罪,颠倒了是非,但他没有照我的罪罚我。
He shall sing before men and say, "I sinned and did wrong, yet he has not punished me accordingly.
33:28 他救了我性命脱离沟壑,使我生活重见光明。」
He delivered my soul from passing to the pit, and I behold the light of life."
33:29 看,这全是天主接二连三对人所做的事,
Lo, all these things God does, twice, or thrice, for a man,
33:30 挽救他脱离阴府,重见重生之光。
Bringing back his soul from the pit to the light, in the land of the living.
33:31 约伯啊!请留神倾听,静静地听我说话!
Be attentive, O Job; listen to me! Be silent and I will speak.
33:32 你若有话说,请即回复我,你尽管说,因为我愿听你的理。
If you have aught to say, then answer me. Speak out! I should like to see you justified.
33:33 若没有话,且听我说,静听我要教给你的智慧。
If not, then do you listen to me; be silent while I teach you wisdom.
旧约:
新约: