4:1 孩子,你们要听父亲的教训,专心学习明智,
Hear, O children, a father’s instruction, be attentive, that you may gain understanding!
4:2 因为我把好教训授给你们,你们不要拋弃我的规劝。
Yes, excellent advice I give you; my teaching do not forsake.
4:3 我也曾在父亲面前作过孝子,在我母亲膝下是唯一的娇儿。
When I was my father’s child, frail, yet the darling of my mother,
4:4 我父曾训诲我说:你应留心牢记我的话,遵守我的命令,好使你生存;
He taught me, and said to me: "Let your heart hold fast my words: keep my commands, that you may live!
4:5 你应紧握智慧,握住明智,不要忘记,也不要离弃我口中的教训:
"Get wisdom, get understanding! Do not forget or turn aside from the words I utter.
4:6 你若不舍弃她,她必护佑你;你若喜爱她,她必看顾你。
Forsake her not, and she will preserve you; love her, and she will safeguard you;
4:7 首先应争取的是智慧,因此你应寻求智慧,应牺牲一切去争取明智。
The beginning of wisdom is: get wisdom; at the cost of all you have, get understanding.
4:8 你若显扬智慧,智慧也必显扬你;你若怀抱她,她也必光荣你:
Extol her, and she will exalt you; she will bring you honors if you embrace her;
4:9 将华冠加在你的头上,将荣冕赐给你。
She will put on your head a graceful diadem; a glorious crown will she bestow on you."
4:10 我儿,你若听取我的训言,你必延年益寿。
Hear, my son, and receive my words, and the years of your life shall be many.
4:11 我要教给你智慧的道路,引你走上正直的途径:
On the way of wisdom I direct you, I lead you on straightforward paths.
4:12 这样,你若行走,你的脚决不会受阻碍;即便你奔驰,也决不致颠仆。
When you walk, your step will not be impeded, and should you run, you will not stumble.
4:13 你要坚持教训,切勿把她拋弃;你应保存她,因为她是你的生命。
Hold fast to instruction, never let her go; keep her, for she is your life.
4:14 恶人的道路,你不要进去;坏人的途径,你不要踏入;
The path of the wicked enter not, walk not on the way of evil men;
4:15 反应躲避,不经其上;远远离去,绕道他往。
Shun it, cross it not, turn aside from it, and pass on.
4:16 因为他们不作恶,不能入睡;不使人跌倒,就要失眠。
For they cannot rest unless they have done evil; to have made no one stumble steals away their sleep.
4:17 他们吃的是邪恶的饼,饮的是暴虐的酒。
For they eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
4:18 但是,义人的途径,象黎明的曙光,越来越明亮,直至成日中;
The way of the wicked is like darkness; they know not on what they stumble.
4:19 恶人的道路,却宛如幽暗,他们不知道,要跌在何处。
But the path of the just is like shining light, that grows in brilliance till perfect day.
4:20 我儿,你要注意我的训言,侧耳倾听我的教导;
My son, to my words be attentive, to my sayings incline your ear;
4:21 不要让她离开你的视线,却要牢记在心中。
Let them not slip out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
4:22 因为,凡找着她的,必获得生命;他整个身躯,必获得健康。
For they are life to those who find them, to man’s whole being they are health.
4:23 在一切之上,你要谨守你的心,因为生命是由此而生。
With closest custody, guard your heart, for in it are the sources of life.
4:24 你应摒绝口舌的欺诈,远避唇舌的乖谬。
Put away from you dishonest talk, deceitful speech put far from you.
4:25 你的眼睛应向前直视,你的视线应向前集中。
Let your eyes look straight ahead and your glance be directly forward.
4:26 你要修平你脚下的行径,要巩固你一切的路途。
Survey the path for your feet, and let all your ways be sure.
4:27 你断不可左倾右依,务使你的脚远离邪恶。
Turn neither to right nor to left, keep your foot far from evil.
旧约:
新约: