5:1 任你呼求,看有谁答应你﹖诸圣者中,看你转向那一位﹖
Call now! Will anyone respond to you? To which of the holy ones will you appeal?
5:2 的确,忧愤杀死愚人,怒火使痴者丧生。
Nay, impatience kills the fool and indignation slays the simpleton.
5:3 我知道:愚人一根深蒂固,他的居所即被诅咒;
I have seen a fool spreading his roots, but his household suddenly decayed.
5:4 他的子女,无人支持,在城门前被践踏,无人救护。
His children shall be far from safety; they shall be crushed at the gate without a rescuer.
5:5 他们收获的,饥饿者来吃;且将剩余的,抢去储存;他们的财富,为口渴者喝尽。
What they have reaped the hungry shall eat up; (or God shall take it away by blight;) and the thirsty shall swallow their substance.
5:6 因为灾祸不是由土中而来,忧患不是由地中而生;
For mischief comes not out of the earth, nor does trouble spring out of the ground;
5:7 而是人自寻苦恼,如雏鹰自会飞翔。
But man himself begets mischief, as sparks fly upward.
5:8 如果是我,我必投奔天主,向天主陈诉我的案情。
In your place, I would appeal to God, and to God I would state my plea.
5:9 他所作的大事,高深莫测;他所行的奇事,不可胜数:
Guide me in your justice because of my foes; make straight your way before me.
5:10 他使雨落在地上,引水滋润郊田;
He gives rain upon the earth and sends water upon the fields;
5:11 使卑微的人高升,使受苦的人获得救助;
He sets up on high the lowly, and those who mourn he exalts to safety.
5:12 粉碎狡猾人的计谋,使他们的作为一无所成;
He frustrates the plans of the cunning, so that their hands achieve no success;
5:13 以智者的计谋捕捉智者,使奸猾人的策划即时成空;
He catches the wise in their own ruses, and the designs of the crafty are routed.
5:14 他们白日遇到黑暗,正午摸索如在夜间;
They meet with darkness in the daytime, and at noonday they grope as though it were night.
5:15 他搭救被剥削者脱离人口,挽救穷人摆脱强暴的手。
But the poor from the edge of the sword and from the hand of the mighty, he saves.
5:16 如此,贫苦的人获得希望,邪恶将闭口无言。
Thus the unfortunate have hope, and iniquity closes her mouth.
5:17 的确,天主所惩戒的人是有福的:全能者的训戒,你不可忽视。
Happy is the man whom God reproves! The Almighty’s chastening do not reject.
5:18 因为他打伤了,而又包扎伤口;他击碎了,而又亲手治疗。
For he wounds, but he binds up; he smites, but his hands give healing.
5:19 你六次遭难,他次次拯救;到第七次,灾难不会临于你。
Out of six troubles he will deliver you, and at the seventh no evil shall touch you.
5:20 饥馑中,他必救你不死;战争中,必使你得免刀剑。
In famine he will deliver you from death, and in war from the threat of the sword;
5:21 唇枪舌剑,你必能躲藏;大难来临,你不必张惶;
From the scourge of the tongue you shall be hidden, and shall not fear approaching ruin.
5:22 对大难和饥荒,你可置之一笑;对地上的野兽,也不用惊惶。
At destruction and want you shall laugh; the beasts of the earth you need not dread.
5:23 你将与田野的顽石立约,旷野的猛兽必与你和好。
You shall be in league with the stones of the field, and the wild beasts shall be at peace with you.
5:24 你将见到你的帐幕平安无恙,察看羊栏时,一无所失。
And you shall know that your tent is secure; taking stock of your household, you shall miss nothing.
5:25 你将确知子孙繁昌,你的苗裔犹如田野青草。
You shall know that your descendants are many, and your offspring as the grass of the earth.
5:26 你必高年才葬于墓,好象麦捆准时收藏。
You shall approach the grave in full vigor, as a shock of grain comes in at its season.
5:27 看,这是我们所观察的真理,你若细听,自会获益良多。
Lo, this we have searched out; so it is! This we have heard, and you should know.
旧约:
新约: