5:1 不要依恃不义的财物,也不要说:为我的生活已经够了,因为在报复和灾难时,这些都无用处。
Rely not on your wealth; say not: "I have the power."
5:2 不要顺从你的偏情和你的能力,去满足你心中的欲望。
Rely not on your strength in following the desires of your heart.
5:3 不要说:谁能宰制我﹖谁能因我的行为屈服我﹖因为上主必要报复。
Say not: "Who can prevail against me?" for the LORD will exact the punishment.
5:4 不要说:我犯了罪,遭受了什么灾殃﹖因为上主是富于含忍的报复者。
Say not: "I have sinned, yet what has befallen me?" for the LORD bides his time.
5:5 关于罪的赦免,应心怀恐惧之情,免得罪上加罪。
Of forgiveness be not overconfident, adding sin upon sin.
5:6 不要说:他的仁慈宽大,我纵有许多罪过,必蒙赦免;
Say not: "Great is his mercy; my many sins he will forgive."
5:7 因为怜悯和义怒皆系于他,他的愤怒将在罪人身上得以平息。
For mercy and anger alike are with him; upon the wicked alights his wrath.
5:8 归向上主,不要迟缓,不要一天一天地拖延;
Delay not your conversion to the LORD, put it not off from day to day;
5:9 因为,上主的义怒忽然降来,在报复的日期,将你消灭。
For suddenly his wrath flames forth; at the time of vengeance, you will be destroyed.
5:10 不要依靠不义之财,因为在义怒的日子,它们于你毫无用处。
Rely not upon deceitful wealth, for it will be no help on the day of wrath.
5:11 不可任意随风簸扬,不可见路就走,有如一口两舌的罪人。
Winnow not in every wind, and start not off in every direction.
5:12 你当坚持你的主意;你的言语,应当前后一致。又当坚持你良心的真理和明智;如此,和平与正义的言语,便常与你相随。
Be consistent in your thoughts; steadfast be your words.
5:13 听话要快,答复要慢。
3Be swift to hear, but slow to answer.
5:14 你若有所知,就可答复别人;否则,就应把手按在口上;这样,你就不致说出冒失的话来,而自招羞辱。
If you have the knowledge, answer your neighbor; if not, put your hand over your mouth.
5:15 光荣与羞辱,全在乎言语;人的唇舌,能使人招致丧亡。
Honor and dishonor through talking! A man’s tongue can be his downfall.
5:16 不要让人说你是诽谤者,也不要用你的唇舌陷害人;
Be not called a detractor; use not your tongue for calumny;
5:17 因为,做盗贼的,必受羞辱;一口两舌的人,也必受极严厉的责斥。谗言者所得的,是憎嫌、仇视和耻辱。
For shame has been created for the thief, and the reproach of his neighbor for the double-tongued.
5:18 大小事都不要疏忽;事无论大小,都要一律做得适当。
NO CONTENT
旧约:
新约: