6:1 约伯回答说:
Then Job answered and said:
6:2 恨不得有人衡量衡量我的痛苦,把我所受的灾祸一起放在天秤上!
Ah, could my anguish but be measured and my calamity laid with it in the scales,
6:3 它们重过海岸的沙粒,难怪我出言冒失。
They would now outweigh the sands of the sea! Because of this I speak without restraint.
6:4 因为全能者的箭射中了我,我的心灵喝尽它们的毒汁,天主的恐吓列阵攻击我。
For the arrows of the Almighty pierce me, and my spirit drinks in their poison; the terrors of God are arrayed against me.
6:5 野驴有青草,难道还嘶叫﹖牛对着草料,难道还吼鸣﹖
Does the wild ass bray when he has grass? Does the ox low over his fodder?
6:6 淡而无盐的食物,岂能下咽﹖蛋白能有什么滋味﹖
Can a thing insipid be eaten without salt? Is there flavor in the white of an egg?
6:7 这使我厌恶的食物,我实不愿沾唇。
I refuse to touch them; they are loathsome food to me.
6:8 惟愿我的祈求实现,愿天主满全我的希望!
Oh, that I might have my request, and that God would grant what I long for:
6:9 愿天主击毁我,松手使我消灭!
Even that God would decide to crush me, that he would put forth his hand and cut me off!
6:10 这样,我仍有安慰,在凄惨的痛苦中,仍然喜悦,因为我没有违犯圣者的教训。
Then I should still have consolation and could exult through unremitting pain, because I have not transgressed the commands of the Holy One.
6:11 我有什么力量使我期待,有什么结局使我拖延生命﹖
What strength have I that I should endure, and what is my limit that I should be patient?
6:12 我的力量岂有岩石之坚﹖我的肉身岂是铜制的﹖
Have I the strength of stones, or is my flesh of bronze?
6:13 在我内还能找到什么作援助﹖任何扶助岂不都远离了我﹖
Have I no helper, and has advice deserted me?
6:14 谁不怜悯自己的友人,就是放弃了敬畏天主之心。
A friend owes kindness to one in despair, though he have forsaken the fear of the Almighty.
6:15 我的兄弟们诡诈有如溪水,有如水过即干的河床。
My brethren are undependable as a brook, as watercourses that run dry in the wadies;
6:16 溪水因结冰而混浊,其上盖有积雪;
Though they may be black with ice, and with snow heaped upon them,
6:17 季节一温暖,溪水即涸竭,天气一炎热,河床枯干。
Yet once they flow, they cease to be; in the heat, they disappear from their place.
6:18 商队离开大道,走入荒野,因而命丧。
Caravans turn aside from their routes; they go into the desert and perish.
6:19 特玛的商队观望,舍巴的客旅期待,
The caravans of Tema search, the companies of Sheba have hopes;
6:20 但他们的希望落了空,不管到了那里,必狼狈不堪。
They are disappointed, though they were confident; they come there and are frustrated.
6:21 现今你们待我也是一样:看见了我,就惊惶失措。
It is thus that you have now become for me; you see a terrifying thing and are afraid.
6:22 难道我说过:「请送我礼物!把你们的财产送我一分﹖
Have I asked you to give me anything, to offer a gift for me from your possessions,
6:23 救我摆脱仇人的权势,赎我脱离残暴者的掌握﹖」
Or to deliver me from the enemy, or to redeem me from oppressors?
6:24 请教训我!我必静听。我有什么错,请指示我!
Teach me, and I will be silent; prove to me wherein I have erred.
6:25 正义的言词是多么甘美!但你们的责斥是指摘什么﹖
How agreeable are honest words; yet how unconvincing is your argument!
6:26 你们岂能只在言词上吹毛求疵﹖以绝望者的话当耳边风﹖
Do you consider your words as proof, but the sayings of a desperate man as wind?
6:27 你们只想对孤儿掷骰下注,以你们的朋友作商品。
You would even cast lots for the orphan, and would barter away your friend!
6:28 现今请你们注视我,在你们注视之下,我决不说谎。
Come, now, give me your attention; surely I will not lie to your face.
6:29 请你们再想一下,不要不公平;请你们三思,我的正义仍然存在!
Think it over; let there be no injustice. Think it over; I still am right.
6:30 我的唇舌上岂有不义﹖我的口腔难道不辨邪正﹖
Is there insincerity on my tongue, or cannot my taste discern falsehood?
旧约:
新约: